Best Sunscreen for Black SkinCreated on Updated on
You have read in one or several beauty magazines and articles that to have beautiful, younger looking, hyper-pigmented free skin you must wear a sunscreen every time you set out into the sun. You went ahead to get a sunscreen at a beauty store close to you but to your disappointment, this whitey substance leaves your skin looking white and ashy - leaving a white cast on your face that won't go away no matter how hard you rub at it. The end result? a white ghostly face stirring back at you!
As people of colour, we are faced with the important question - "which sunscreen is best for my skin type"? Do not fret, you are not alone in the search for the golden sunscreen that is perfect for the dark, African skin. Here are tested reviews on Best Sunscreens that will protect your skin but won't leave you looking ashy!
1. Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid-Lotion Sunscreen SPF55
We swear by this Neutrogena sunscreen. A total winner for beautiful youthful skin. What's more, it comes with a broad-spectrum SPF 55 that protects the skin from UVA/ UVB rays. Its texture is light weight and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. When rubbed on skin it disappears and seeps through the skin, leaving behind no trace of whitish remnants. Furthermore, if you are prone to acne breakouts, this formula won't irritate or break you out! However this product does leave your face shiny in a glowy way so we suggest this for normal to dry Skin.
2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen is a winner for the oily/combination skin whether purchased in the SPF 30, 45, 50, 55 OR 100 formula! Light weight as well and won't leave your dark skin looking ashy nor clog your pores. For the swimmers, its 80 minute water resistant too!
Sunscreen Beauty Tips:
- Allow sunscreen to sit up to 15 mins before applying moisturizer, makeup or setting out into the sun.
- Use a nickel/coin size dollop on the face and 2 tablespoon full on exposed body.
- Remember that you need to keep re-applying sunscreen every 3 -4 hours if you will be spending a lot of time outdoors.
- For maximum protection always purchase a broad spectrum sunscreen within the range of SPF 30 - 50. anything higher than an SPF 50 will only cost you more money and won't work any way better than an SPF 50
Remember that the right sunscreen and usage is anti-aging and anti-skin cancer.
Where to get these sunscreens? get them at our reputable store.
Until next time...
Lami Fragrance & Beauty