Top Tips and Tricks For Applying the Perfume
The act of perfuming is as simple as just spraying. Find out how to and where to apply fragrance for a long-lasting perfume. These tips and tricks will boost your perfume and make you smell amazing all the time.
According to Coco Chanel, a woman could apply perfume on areas where she want to be kissed. This is not entirely correct as perfumes are not palatable, lol. Keep this in mind while applying yours and consider the following tips and tricks as well.
1. Apply fragrance on pulse points“Pulse Points” are unit areas of the body that have blood vessels on the brink of the skin. They include: the inner wrists, behind ear lobes (we are all too familiar with these ones), in the cleavage, the base of the throat or neck, below the midriff, behind the knees, the inner elbows, the ankle and calf. These spots emit heat, which helps the fragrance to be emitted from the skin into the air, for a long-lasting scent all through the day.
2. Spritz perfume into the air and then walk through it
This spray will evenly distribute the fragrance on your body, leaving you with a lighter scent for when you don’t want to smell strong. However, it could lead to the waste of quiet a bit of the fragrance, so it is not suitable if you are on a budget.
3. Perfume the hairThis allows those who are close to you to have a full blast of the scent in your wake. Apply sparingly and from a distance as the alcohol in the perfume could dry out the hair strand. Also apply only on clean hair that is free of oil, so as not to affect the scent. Alternatively, you could spray the perfume on a brush and afterwards run it through your hair.
4. Do not rub/ dabWhen applying perfume, simply spray or swab as the case may be. Do not rub or dab your wrist together after application, to prevent the scent from disappearing faster.
5. Apply perfume right after taking a shower and before dressingSome fragrance will leave permanent stains on fabrics, metals and pearls. However, if you want to risk perfuming your clothes, first spray lightly on a hidden area of the fabric.
6. Apply a little petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on your pulse points and then spray the perfume on top
This will make sure that the perfume sits on the petroleum jelly and not sinking into your skin pores, for a long-lasting scent.
7. Always apply fragrance on a moisturized skin
Scents tend to fade faster on dry skin. Preferably moisturise your skin with an unscented body lotion or a body lotion with the same scent as your perfume.
8. Always use fragrance-free toiletries or toiletries with the same scent as your perfume
You don’t want the smell of your shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body lotion to clash with one another or with your perfume.
9. Use products from the same line
This is an effective way of making scent last longer. You can used the scented body lotion and then spray the eau de parfum right on top. This layers the fragrance and allows the scent to last all day.
10. Store perfume properly
Store your perfumes in a cool dry place. It is preferable you store in the box you bought it in at room temperature. Hot temperature will cause chemical reaction in the perfume and make the scent to disappear faster.
11. Do Not's For A Long-lasting PerfumeDo not expose your bottle of perfume. Oxygen, the natural enemy of perfume will cause the perfume to break down, making the scent to fade. Do not keep perfume for over a long period. Perfumes that come in smaller bottles are advisable. They retain their freshness and can last for up to 3 months. Do not keep your perfume bottle in the bathroom or any warm damp place.
I hope these tips and tricks help you get the most of your perfume. Thank you for stopping by.